Easter Offerings for the Priests of the Parish will be taken up at all Masses over this weekend and next weekend.
Your offerings are much appreciated at this time. We are also very grateful for your generous support of the Offertory Collection at Easter.
Those who usually look after the collection are asked to do so again this Easter.
Your generosity is much appreciated.
(For cheques please make payable to Mallow Catholic Church).
1. Sick Calls:- Please call 022—21251.
2. Please pass the baskets for the Offertory Collection.
3. Convent Primary School—now taking enrolments for Sept. 2018. Forms can be obtained from school office or by calling 022 42211.
4. Times for all the Church Ceremonies for Holy Week are on the back of this leaflet—please take it home.
5. Trocaire Boxes may be handed in before or after Masses on HolyThursday or given to the Sacristan or any one of the Priests over the Easter weekend. Please do not leave boxes at church doors.
6. All Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion are requested to attend the Evening Mass of the Lord’s Supper for the renewal of their commission to this ministry.
7. Good Friday, 30th March is a Day of Fast and Abstinence.
8. Collection for the Holy Places will be taken up at all Church Ceremonies on Good Friday.
9. Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration is suspended from 10 p.m. on Wed., 28th March until after the Easter Vigil on Holy Saturday night.
10. The Chrism Mass will be celebrated in Cobh Cathedral on Wed., 28th March at 7.30 p.m. Everyone is welcome to attend, especially all those involved in liturgy in the parish—liturgy groups, choirs, lectors and ministers of the Eucharist.
11. Mallow Mercy Group A.A.—Open Public Meeting, Good Friday, 30th Mar., 8.30 p.m. in Mercy Centre. All welcome. Al Anon will attend.
12 Catholic newspapers are on sale after Mass.
Anyone interested in supporting the cause for the unborn
may do so by doing a Holy Hour in the
Adoration Chapel, 3—4 and 8—9 p.m. Every
Tuesday up to the Referendum.
Shalom Ministries TV has produced a series of interviews with Irish priests on the theme of their vocation. Among those recently interviewed are Mallow priests Fr. Sean Corkery and Archdeacon Gerard Casey. They reflect on their lives and the situation of the Church today. The interviews are available by searching for their names at: YouTube ShalomWorldTV Vocare: Season 2
Any new families who wish to contribute please
contact the Sacristan or
the Parish Office on 022 20276
To watch Mass from St. Mary’s Church live on the internet
Please Click Here
The Confession times in our churches are being adjusted as follows:-
Confessions in St. Mary’s Church - every Saturday morning after Mass as usual.
- Church of the Resurrection - weekly Confessions will be on Friday morning after Mass instead of Saturday morning.
There will be no Confessions on the First Thursday in St Mary’s. Instead they will be before evening Mass on the First Friday in whichever church Mass is celebrated.
Diocese of Cloyne Diocesan Directory 2018
On sale in both Sacristies and in the Parish Office. Cost €3.
Holy Communion for those with a Coeliac Condition
Holy Communion under the form of low-gluten consecrated hosts and consecrated wine,
which has no particle of a host in it, will be available at one distribution point at each weekend Mass in both Mallow Churches.
That distribution point will be at the front of the altar.
MALLOW PARISH SOCIAL MEDIA
Parish Facebook page is now on-line.
Visit it at www.facebook.com/myfaithmallow.
Parish information updates and reminders can
also be found on Twitter. Follow it @gercasey3
Follow Mallow Heritage Centre
(46 parishes of Diocese of Cloyne) on Twitter @MallowHeritageC