AUTUMN STAT The following Stations have been arranged:-
- Killetra and Firville at the home of Tim and Ann Barrett—Sat., 20th Oct.—Mass 11.00 a.m.
1. Sick Calls:- Please call 022—21251.
2. Please pass the baskets for the Offertory Collection. Second collection this weekend is for Church and Parish Buildings Fund.
3. Eucharistic Adoration—Cloyne Diocese—Afternoon of Prayer, Sun., 21st Oct. 2—6 p.m Nano Nagle Centre, Killavullen. Eucharistic Retreat (residential), Fri 16th Nov. 6 p.m.— Sat.,17th 4 p.m. in Ennismore Retreat Centre, Cork. Both events conducted by Fr. John Keane. Booking essential—details from Mary 087 2898518 / Nuala 086 1544075
4. REMEMBER—Tsunami in Indonesia—Trocaire is supporting relief efforts to help bring vital supplies (water, food and medicine) to people who have been left with nothing!
5. Mallow Field Club—lecture—Social Services Centre, Tues., Oct.16th, 8 p.m. History of the Post Office in Ireland by Anthony Hughes. Door €3. Everybody welcome.
6. Mallow Flower & Garden Club, AGM, Mercy Centre,Tues.,16th Oct. 8 p.m. All welcome.
7. Senior Citizens—would you like to improve your computer skills—no cost involved— Transition Year students, St. Mary’s would love to help you—call Gemma on 087 6386431.
8. Munster Maths & Science Family Fair, this Sun.,14th Oct. in Mallow GAA Complex, Carrigoon, 11.30 a.m.—4.30 p.m. Fantastic exhibition of Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths for all the family. Admission is free.
9. Getting Married—for an approved Pre-Marriage Course see www.accord.ie Details from Jean on 025 31899.
This weekend Pope Francis will canonize Pope Paul VI and Oscar Romero,
the archbishop of San Salvador who was martyred while celebrating Mass.
A Farewell Night for Fr. Paul Bennett, C.C.
Qill be held on Tuesday, 23rd October—commencing with concelebrated Mass of Thanksgiving in Church of the Resurrection at 7.30 p.m.—followed by refreshments in the Arches. Everyone welcome.
Contributions towards the presentation may be handed in to the Parish Office on or before Tuesday, 23rd October.
Important Notice Concerning Internet Broadcast of Mass Services
From 24th September, the internet broadcast of Church services
from St. Mary’s Church Mallow will be located by accessing the following website:
The broadcasts may be accessed directly on the following URL address:
These broadcasts promise improved quality and reliability.
(Please pass this information to anyone you know who relies on this
service to follow Mass from their home).
_______________________________________________________ The Parish Faith Community, cordially welcomes any person or persons residing in this Parish, who is interested in becoming a Full member of the Catholic Church.
To further your interest, you are invited to do the following: (1) Contact the Parish Office or the Parish Priest. (2) Give your name, address, contact number.
NOTE: It is important that you make the contact during the month of September or at the latest the first week in October.
In the wake of Pope Francis’ visit this is a new moment in the life of the Church in Ireland and especially in the Parishes of this Diocese.
We invite and welcome back those, who for various reasons, have drifted away from the faith of their Baptism, to re-engage with the Parish Faith Community.
Be assured of encouragement and support.
Youth 2000—Prayer Meeting
Will run fortnightly in sacristyof Church of the Resurrection
2nd and 4th Friday of each month from 7—9 p.m.
The prayer meeting is geared towards young people aged 15—35
and consists of Eucharistic Adoration, Rosary, Reflection on the Gospel and Social. All welcome.
A new European Data Protection law — the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"), was introduced on 25 May 2018. This new law applies to any organisation, including our parish that manages and processes people's personal information. We are now working on ways of ensuring that what we do with your information is compliant with this new law. It is a work in progress and over the next few months we will keep you informed through the parish website and in the newsletter as policies are put in place.”
Shalom Ministries TV has produced a series of interviews with Irish priests on the theme of their vocation. Among those recently interviewed are Mallow priests Fr. Sean Corkery and Archdeacon Gerard Casey. They reflect on their lives and the situation of the Church today. The interviews are available by searching for their names at: YouTube ShalomWorldTV Vocare: Season 2
Any new families who wish to contribute please
contact the Sacristan or
the Parish Office on 022 20276
To watch Mass from St. Mary’s Church live on the internet
Please Click Here
The Confession times in our churches are being adjusted as follows:-
Confessions in St. Mary’s Church - every Saturday morning after Mass as usual.
- Church of the Resurrection - weekly Confessions will be on Friday morning after Mass instead of Saturday morning.
There will be no Confessions on the First Thursday in St Mary’s. Instead they will be before evening Mass on the First Friday in whichever church Mass is celebrated.
Diocese of Cloyne Diocesan Directory 2018
On sale in both Sacristies and in the Parish Office. Cost €3.
Holy Communion for those with a Coeliac Condition
Holy Communion under the form of low-gluten consecrated hosts and consecrated wine,
which has no particle of a host in it, will be available at one distribution point at each weekend Mass in both Mallow Churches.
That distribution point will be at the front of the altar.
MALLOW PARISH SOCIAL MEDIA
Parish Facebook page is now on-line.
Visit it at www.facebook.com/myfaithmallow.
Parish information updates and reminders can
also be found on Twitter. Follow it @gercasey3
Follow Mallow Heritage Centre
(46 parishes of Diocese of Cloyne) on Twitter @MallowHeritageC