1. Sick Calls:- Please call 022—21251.
2. Please pass the baskets for the Offertory Collection.
Vocations Afternoon—An afternoon for men considering a vocation to the Priesthood in the Diocese of Cloyne will be held on Sun., 28th Jan. at the Nano Nagle Centre, Killavullen, 2.30—5 p.m. The afternoon will consist of Reflection, Prayer and the opportunity to find out more about becoming a priest in our diocese. For details and information please contact Fr. Brian Boyle (Vocations Director) at 025 32963 or Fr. Damien Lynch (Assistant Vocations Director) at 021 7332948.Web: cloynediocese.ie/priesthood. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prayer for Priestly Vocations
Lord our God,
You renew the Church in every age by raising up holy priests
to teach and sanctify Your people.
Fill the hearts of young men with faith and courage,
that they may answer your call generously.
Give parents the grace to encourage vocations in their family
by prayer and good example.
Raise up, in this Diocese of Cloyne, worthy priests for your Altars
and ardent servants of the Gospel.
We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Parish Pastoral Council Meeting 09/01/2018.
At the last meeting of the Parish Pastoral Council the following areas were discussed:
1. Reflection on the pastoral services over Christmas. The Council wish to express their con- gratulations to the Canon and Priests of the parish together with the different organisations and groups that contributed so successfully to the Christmas festival. Mass times and venues for Christmas Eve ceremonies 2018 were reviewed and discussed.
2. The role of the Parish Pastoral Council and its mission statement:
3. As part of the on-going work of the Pastoral Council:
4. The development of a Parish Pastoral Directory was initiated.
5. The establishment of a Baptismal preparation team and its potential role was discussed in preparation for its first meeting on Wednesday,17th January.
6. The organisation of a ceremony of the Anointing of the Sick in the Church of the Resurrection on Saturday, February 10th.
7. Ceremonies over Lent including Mass times.
8. The potential holding of a Parish Mission in 2018.
9. Misunderstanding of the change of Mass times for Holy Days.
10. Meeting of Families Parish Programme to include the Amoris’ programme in parish calendar of events—a six session parish conversation on The Family—The Joy of Love.
Cloyne Diocesan Pilgrimage to Lourdes, 1st—6th June—5 Nights Full Board—under the patronage of Most Rev. William Crean D.D., Bishop of Cloyne—Booking Forms now available— Joe Walsh Tours, 117 Patrick St. Cork. Tel. 021 4277959. For Sick/Assisted Pilgrim Section—contact Parish Secretary on 022 20276—closing date for this section is 27th March 2018.
Irish Blood Transfusion Service—Cork Racecourse, Mallow: Tuesday 23rd Jan., 5—8.30 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday, 24th/25th Jan. 3—5 p.m. and 7—9 p.m.
Confidential help for Alcohol, Drug and Family problems—contact Anchor on 022 42559.
Courage is what it takes to stand
up and speak;
Courage is also what it takes to
sit down and listen.
Shalom Ministries TV has produced a series of interviews with Irish priests on the theme of their vocation. Among those recently interviewed are Mallow priests Fr. Sean Corkery and Archdeacon Gerard Casey. They reflect on their lives and the situation of the Church today. The interviews are available by searching for their names at: YouTube ShalomWorldTV Vocare: Season 2
Any new families who wish to contribute please
contact the Sacristan or
the Parish Office on 022 20276
To watch Mass from St. Mary’s Church live on the internet
Please Click Here
The Confession times in our churches are being adjusted as follows:-
Confessions in St. Mary’s Church - every Saturday morning after Mass as usual.
- Church of the Resurrection - weekly Confessions will be on Friday morning after Mass instead of Saturday morning.
There will be no Confessions on the First Thursday in St Mary’s.
Instead they will be before evening Mass on the First Friday in whichever church Mass is celebrated.
Diocese of Cloyne Diocesan Directory 2018
On sale in both Sacristies and in the Parish Office. Cost €3.
Holy Communion for those with a Coeliac Condition
Holy Communion under the form of low-gluten consecrated hosts and consecrated wine,
which has no particle of a host in it, will be available at one distribution point at each weekend Mass in both Mallow Churches.
That distribution point will be at the front of the altar.
MALLOW PARISH SOCIAL MEDIA
Parish Facebook page is now on-line.
Visit it at www.facebook.com/myfaithmallow.
Parish information updates and reminders can
also be found on Twitter. Follow it @gercasey3
Follow Mallow Heritage Centre
(46 parishes of Diocese of Cloyne) on Twitter @MallowHeritageC