We urgently appeal for new Adorers to
cover 1 HOUR per week in the Adoration Chapel,
particularly hours from 12 midnight until 5 a.m.
Mallow Parish has had 24 Hour Eucharistic Adoration for almost 30 years
but in recent times the number of night hour Adorers has greatly dwindled
and without your support these night hours may well need to be curtailed.
Please volunteer 1 HOUR of your week and help us maintain 24 hour
Eucharistic Adoration in our Parish.
Enquiries to Parish Centre on
022 20276 or 086 1085098.
1. Sick Calls:- Please call 022—21251.
2. Please pass the baskets for the Offertory Collection. The Second Collection today is for the Church and Parish Buildings Fund.
Annual Peter’s Pence Collection will be taken up at all Masses next weekend, July, 22/23.
3. Getting Married—for an approved Pre-Marriage Course see www.accord.ie
4. Youth 2000 Summer Festival, Cistercian College, Roscrea, 16th—19th August for young people aged 16-35. Festival is donation only. Bring sleeping bag and pillow——free buses travelling from around Ireland. Information and to book on line, see www.youth2000.ie
5. C.D.Y.S. and The Blackwater Active Sports and Education Project—now accepting appli- cations from learners for their Sports and Recreation QQI level 4 course at the Big Blue Cube. Course is free and you keep your social welfare payment.. Information or to apply call 086 469 3360 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
6. “The Lantern of Faith in 21st Century—the big shifts involved in how we understand our faith today”. Fr. Diarmuid O’Murchu MSC, Nano Nagle Birthplace, Mon.,16th July,10 a.m. —4.30 p.m. Details from 022 26411.
7. Catholic newspapers are on sale after Mass.
8. Confidential help for Alcohol, Drug and Family problems—contact Anchor on 02242559.
N.B. New families who have taken boxes of envelopes please fill in and return white card at front of box with your next envelope.
Bus to World Meeting of Families Mass in Phoenix Park, Sunday, 26th August.
Bus from Mallow, Fare €20. Names now being taken in Parish Office. Please be aware of the following regarding the Papal Mass: Involves 3 – 5 km walk each way due to transport routes in place for the event. Guidance will be given regarding bringing seating/umbrellas/food. People needing special assistance can be with their family in a corral or in a designated area with a carer (copy of medical certificate required at booking).
Youth 2000—Prayer Meeting
Will run fortnightly in sacristyof Church of the Resurrection
2nd and 4th Friday of each month from 7—9 p.m.
The prayer meeting is geared towards young people aged 15—35
and consists of Eucharistic Adoration, Rosary, Reflection on the Gospel and Social. All welcome.
A new European Data Protection law — the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"), was introduced on 25 May 2018. This new law applies to any organisation, including our parish that manages and processes people's personal information. We are now working on ways of ensuring that what we do with your information is compliant with this new law. It is a work in progress and over the next few months we will keep you informed through the parish website and in the newsletter as policies are put in place.”
Annual Diocesan Pilgrimage to
Diocesan Pilgrimage to Fatima, 11th — 18th Sept.
Shalom Ministries TV has produced a series of interviews with Irish priests on the theme of their vocation. Among those recently interviewed are Mallow priests Fr. Sean Corkery and Archdeacon Gerard Casey. They reflect on their lives and the situation of the Church today. The interviews are available by searching for their names at: YouTube ShalomWorldTV Vocare: Season 2
Any new families who wish to contribute please
contact the Sacristan or
the Parish Office on 022 20276
To watch Mass from St. Mary’s Church live on the internet
Please Click Here
The Confession times in our churches are being adjusted as follows:-
Confessions in St. Mary’s Church - every Saturday morning after Mass as usual.
- Church of the Resurrection - weekly Confessions will be on Friday morning after Mass instead of Saturday morning.
There will be no Confessions on the First Thursday in St Mary’s. Instead they will be before evening Mass on the First Friday in whichever church Mass is celebrated.
Diocese of Cloyne Diocesan Directory 2018
On sale in both Sacristies and in the Parish Office. Cost €3.
Holy Communion for those with a Coeliac Condition
Holy Communion under the form of low-gluten consecrated hosts and consecrated wine,
which has no particle of a host in it, will be available at one distribution point at each weekend Mass in both Mallow Churches.
That distribution point will be at the front of the altar.
MALLOW PARISH SOCIAL MEDIA
Parish Facebook page is now on-line.
Visit it at www.facebook.com/myfaithmallow.
Parish information updates and reminders can
also be found on Twitter. Follow it @gercasey3
Follow Mallow Heritage Centre
(46 parishes of Diocese of Cloyne) on Twitter @MallowHeritageC