We invite families who are willing to hold a Station Mass for their neighbourhood in their homes to contact the Parish Office on 022 20276 to arrange a date of your choice. Please consider holding a Station to keep this rich spiritual tradition alive with your neighbours.
- Ballygarrett and Ballyellis—at the home of Charles and Margaret Mortell on Friday, 6th October—Mass at 7.30 p.m.
- KIlnockin, Ashgrove, Lodge, Dromsligo— at the home of John and Gerdie Ryan—date to be arranged.
- Ballyviniter, The Commons—at the home of Joe and Margaret Singleton—date to be arranged
- Mon., 9th Oct.—Station Mass—St. Mary’s at 7.30 p.m.
- Tues.,10th Oct.—Station Mass—St. Mary’s at 7.30 p.m.
- Wed., 11th Oct.—Station Mass—Church of Resurrection at 7.30 p.m.
- Thurs.,12th Oct—Station Mass—Church of Resurrection at 7.30 p.m.
1. Sick Calls:- Please call 022—21251.
2. Please pass the baskets for the Offertory Collection. Annual Collection for the Education of Seminarians will be taken up at all Masses this weekend,16th/17th September. Please be generous in your support of this collection.
3. Weekday Masses:
- St. Mary’s—8 a.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- St. Mary’s—10.00 a.m. Monday—Saturday.
- Church of the Resurrection—9.15 a.m. Monday—Friday.
Mercy Convent—8 a.m. on Tuesday and Thursday.
4. Getting Married—for an approved Pre-Marriage Course see www.accord.ie
5. Diocesan Day of Prayer and Reflection for Eucharistic Adorers led by Fr. John Keane, Diocesan Co-ordinator, at Mercy Centre, Mallow. on Sat., 23rd Sept. from 10 a.m.—5 p.m., beginning with Holy Mass. Bring a packed lunch. Tea/Coffee provided. All are welcome.
6. Church of the Resurrection—Choir practice every Thurs., 7.30 p.m. New members welcome. Contact 087 2298938.
7. A Cenacle will be held at the Mercy Centre on Friday, 29th Sept., 2—4 p.m. by Don Laurent Larroque, Responsible International of the Marian Movement of Priests, and Fr. Michael Maher S.M., Responsible in Ireland. Everybody very welcome.
8. Mallow Flower and Garden Club—resumes after summer break on Tues.,19th Sept. at 8 p.m. at the Mercy Centre with Craft Project Night. New members welcome.
9. Catholic newspapers are on sale after Mass.
10. Confidential help for Alcohol, Drug and Family problems—contact Anchor on 022 42559.
Fr. Anthony O’Brien, P.P. 087 6834193.
Fr. Michael Lomasney, C.C. 087 9965866
Fr. Paul Bennett: 022 55465.
Fr. Andrew Carvill: 022 51606.
Fr. Sean Corkery, C.C. 086 2420240.
Shalom Ministries TV has produced a series of interviews with Irish priests on the theme of their vocation. Among those recently interviewed are Mallow priests Fr. Sean Corkery and Archdeacon Gerard Casey. They reflect on their lives and the situation of the Church today. The interviews are available by searching for their names at: YouTube ShalomWorldTV Vocare: Season 2
Any new families who wish to contribute please
contact the Sacristan or
the Parish Office on 022 20276.
To watch Mass from St. Mary’s Church live on the internet
Please Click Here
The Confession times in our churches are being adjusted as follows:-
Confessions in St. Mary’s Church - every Saturday morning after Mass as usual.
- Church of the Resurrection - weekly Confessions will be on Friday morning after Mass instead of Saturday morning.
There will be no Confessions on the First Thursday in St Mary’s.
Instead they will be before evening Mass on the First Friday in whichever church Mass is celebrated.
Diocese of Cloyne Diocesan Directory
On sale in both Sacristies and in the Parish Office. Cost €3.
Holy Communion for those with a Coeliac Condition
Holy Communion under the form of low-gluten consecrated hosts and consecrated wine,
which has no particle of a host in it, will be available at one distribution point at each weekend Mass in both Mallow Churches.
That distribution point will be at the front of the altar.
MALLOW PARISH SOCIAL MEDIA
Parish Facebook page is now on-line.
Visit it at www.facebook.com/myfaithmallow.
Parish information updates and reminders can
also be found on Twitter. Follow it @gercasey3
Follow Mallow Heritage Centre
(46 parishes of Diocese of Cloyne) on Twitter @MallowHeritageC